Guest Health and Visit Considerations:
- Anyone showing signs of illness may be denied entry
- If you or anyone in your party are displaying COVID19-like symptoms please stay home or contact your health care provider.
- experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.3 and above), cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- has had ‘close contact’ with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic
- has been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official
- have tested positive for COVID-19 (should be isolated at home) or are found to be a close contact of someone with COVID-19 (should be quarantined at home)
- Please sanitize your hands after exiting your vehicle and before touching anything on the premises
- Face coverings are required except when sitting at a dining table
- Please stay seated as much as possible; avoid walking around common areas or near other diners’ tables.
- Limit restroom use to reduce congregation and risk of touching common amenities.
- Children are welcome, and everyone appreciates a well-behaved little companion; please ensure any children in your party remain seated as well.
Employee Health Requirements:
- Employees who are displaying COVID19-like symptoms do not report to work
- We screen workers at each shift by ensuring the following:
- Worker is not experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.3 and above), cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat;
- Worker has not had ‘close contact’ with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic
- Worker has not been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official
- Workers who are sick or feeling ill must be sent home
- Anyone showing signs of illness may be denied entry
- We notify workers that they may not work if they test positive for COVID-19 (they should be isolated at home) or are found to be a close contact of someone with COVID-19 (they should be quarantined at home)
- All workers must wash their hands frequently, and table servers must wash their hands or apply hand sanitizer between each table interaction
- We always require face coverings for all workers and keep adequate supply on-hand
- Food handlers wear gloves and wash hands regularly
- Employees are monitored to ensure safe, hygienic practices before and during their shifts
- Provide training to workers on up-to-date safety information and precautions including hygiene and other measures aimed at reducing disease transmission, including:
- Social distancing, hand-washing, and requirement and proper use of face coverings
- Modifying practices for serving in order to minimize time spent within 6 feet of customers
- Self-screening at home, including temperature or symptom checks
- When to seek medical attention if symptoms become severe
- Which underlying health conditions may make individuals more susceptible to contracting and suffering from a severe case of the virus
- Fully stocked with adequate cleaning products (disinfectant, sanitizer, paper towels, etc.)
- Condiments and similar products (e.g., salt, pepper, ketchup and salad dressing) will not be pre-set on tables and will instead only be provided upon request in single-serving portions (e.g., individual packages or cups) and will be discarded once they reach guests, whether or not they were used.
- All menus are disposable, one-time use only and will be disposed if left behind by guests. We do not re-use menus from one table to the next.
- Utensils are soaked in disinfectant and then machine sanitized after each use then carefully and individually wrapped before storage for next use. Disposable utensils may be requested in lieu of reusable.
- We conduct frequent disinfecting of heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, credit card machines, chair backs)
- Commonly touched surfaces in restrooms (e.g., toilet seats, doorknobs, stall handles, sinks, paper towel dispensers, soap dispensers) are disinfected frequently and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Food contact surfaces are frequently cleaned and sanitized between use with a sanitizer approved for food contact surfaces.
Distancing and Occupancy
- Tables are positioned so to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from all other tables or separated by barriers
- The size of a party seated at a table cannot exceed 6 people
- All customers must be seated; eat-in service to standing customers (e.g., around bar areas) is prohibited
- All customer-facing workers (e.g., servers, bus staff) must minimize time spent within 6 feet of customers
Other Operational Guidelines
- All safety standards for table separation, size of party, and hygiene will be maintained for any indoor or outdoor table seating that is available to carry-out patrons
- Reservations or call ahead seating is encouraged; we must ensure that diners waiting for tables do not congregate in common areas or form lines
- We limit visitors and vendors on site; sales and ordering are done digitally and remotely; shipping and deliveries are only completed in designated areas and vendor employees are treated with the same sanitary requirements as employees.
Thank you for trusting our family to serve yours, and we wish the best of health to you.
-The DeSouza Family at Cove Surf & Turf